Recommendations for Regions holding Club Racing Events during COVID-19
The COVID-19 Viral Pandemic has resulted in national and international cancellations and postponements of numerous sporting events. As the virus still continues to spread, the following procedures will be put in place to minimize exposure and spread at Club Racing events and gatherings.
- You are required to bring masks, sanitizer, and disinfectant supplies with you to the track for everyone in your group – drivers, support staff, family, etc. There are many sources for safety supplies, one that has been useful and has had a good supply is iremedysupply.com.
- Racers, Crew, Volunteers, PCA Staff, and anyone with them is required to wear masks at all times when in public and to practice safe social distancing. This includes anywhere inside the track facility. Drivers with helmets on/shield down are exempt from mask requirements.
- Events must follow the state’s limits on allowable group numbers.
- Anyone found not taking appropriate safety precautions will be asked to leave. No exceptions.
We will limit person-to-person meetings (i.e. drivers meetings, volunteer meetings, etc) to outdoor spaces and for as short a time as necessary. The use of voice amplification devices will be necessary for all to hear the announcer’s instructions. Text instructions will be used whenever possible to convey the necessary information.
- All persons attending these meetings should wear masks (race helmets with face shields down are allowed) for the duration of the meeting and whenever groups gather. Maintain 6-foot separation. Try to limit meetings to no more than 10 minutes.
- No handshakes/hugs among attendees.
- If meals are provided, adhere to the state’s recommendations regarding restaurants, take out, etc directions. Only disposable utensils should be used.
- Ensure the track will provide frequent cleaning and sanitization of all public restroom facilities.
Participation is at your own risk: Attendees with higher risk factors for COVID-19 infection must evaluate their own risk regarding participation at any race event. If an attendee develops a fever, cough, or other symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection, prior to, en-route to, or at the event, the attendee should refrain from coming/participating at a race event and seek medical attention. If you are exposed, there is also a risk of spreading COVID-19 to your friends/family/co-workers when you return home.
Important: Please check with their country, province, state, county regarding reentry and quarantine recommendations prior to leaving for the race event.
Stay safe, be well, and race hard.
PCA Club Racing Medical Committee